“Christmas is Love”
♥SUNDAY 2, DEC. 6, 2020
- Begin: Have everyone bow their heads and pray for God’s blessing.
- Light the Prophecy candle, then light the second purple, or Bethlehem Candle – the candle of peace.
- Reading: While we can sometimes control the events around us and find some temporary peace, true peace comes from within. It is one of the fruits of the spirit that God blesses us with as we know him, love him, and obey his Word. Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” That peace comes when we have a relationship of surrender to Jesus. It means we have been forgiven and have forgiven others - as he prayed in the Lord’s Prayer. Things are okay! Striving to live peacefully with others is a challenge, but worth the effort. Inner peace from God is a gift, and one worth asking for every day.
- Prayer: Father, help us to know and live in your peace this Christmas season.
- Thought: Claiming God’s peace and living in peace is a gift – for anyone who asks.
- Optional Activity: Pick one or more topics below to discuss.
- Why is Peace a Fruit of the Spirit? What are the other Fruits of the Spirit? What does that phrase mean? (see Gal. 5:22-23)
- What circumstances “steal” your peace? How can you guard your heart against losing peace?