Your Love-Link® God-Image-Element #4:
Love nurtures BELONGING (B).
♥ 4 ·Learn to be “connected and protected” by family.
KNOW YOUR BELONGING (B): Healthy self-worth and Belonging thrive best in a strong family.
What does Mark 9:41 suggest about the temporal and eternal “rewards” of intentionally Belonging to God’s family? “For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.” [Hint: What is your attitude toward family?]
HAVE YOU HEARD THIS STORY?
Tina, an orphan living with foster parents, and Sarah, the daughter of a well-known leader, were neighbors and good friends. They decided to combine their high school graduation parties. Tina had found a job, was sexually pure, and was excited about her future. Sarah was also working, was sexually active, and was on her way to college. However, she was full of fears about what might come next. After the party, Sara asked about the many friends Tina had that showed up. “Oh, they are not just friends, they are my family.” she explained. Knowing that Tina had lost her family at 5, Sara timidly continued, “I’m confused.” Tina shared that when she was 10 she became a Christian. Her foster parents were great, but it was her spiritual family that had helped protect, guide, and encourage her choices. “I have my foster family, and then I have my larger family!” Sara said, “Now I think I better understand what you have tried to tell me before. How can I join your larger family?” After sharing, she prayed and they became family.
BELIEFS MATTER: Satan wants you to believe “lies” about your Belonging.
♡ What Lies about your Belonging are you tempted to believe, or have you tended to believe?
♡ What “TRUTHS” in Love-Links® image-element #4 do you believe about your Belonging?
CHOOSETRUTH: Choosing to actively connect to a family can give you the benefits of Belonging.
♡ Share with someone how actively engaging your talents in healthy Belonging benefits yourself and your family.
♡ Is there a suggestion in “5 Actions for Growth” that can help you “participate fully” in healthy Belonging?
LINKING LOVE AND BELONGNG(B): Love-Links® #4 - Love prospers and cultivates Belonging.
♡ Consider discussing with your entire family why “learning to Belongin a loving family” can help everyone be “connected and protected” in all they do in life.
Older & Wiser - DISCOVERINGTRUTHABOUT YOURBELONGNG (B): Match TRUTHS with the Source of TUTHS about how Belonging results in many rewards for your life, both temporally and eternally.
- Mark 9:41 “For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.”
- 1 Peter 4:11 “If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.”
- 1 Samuel 30:13 “Then David said to him, “To whom do you belong, and where are you from?” And he said, “I am a young man from Egypt, servant of an Amalekite; and my master left me behind, because three days ago I fell sick.”
- Acts 27:23 “For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve,”
- Revelation 19:1 “After these things I [a]heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to [b]the Lord our God!”
- Psalms 3:8 “Salvation belongs to the Lord. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah”
MATCHES: 1 _____, 2 _____, 3 _____, 4 _____, 5 _____, 6 _____
- How Belonging can help you develop a sense of “self”, and a “calling”
- Any “power” you claim in life, ultimately Belongs to God
- Why you must look to God for your salvation (Belong to his family)
- Your spiritual gifts Belong to your Creator
- Healthy Belonging should include you serving God and others
- Your Belonging can yield eternal rewards to your actions
Key: Belonging Image 1-F; 2-D; 3-A; 4-E; 5-B; 6-C