Your Love-Link® God-Image-Element #5:
You are made in God’s Image; God is LOVE (W).
♥ 5 ·Learn the joy of “loving and being loved” as a choice.
KNOW YOUR WORTH (W): Loving and receiving “unconditional” love develops healthy self-Worth.
♡ What does Matthew 22:39 suggest about the importance of having a healthy sense of self-Worth as a pre-requisite to your ability to love and serve others unconditionally? “And the second [commandment] is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”
HAVE YOU HEARD THIS STORY?
A loving father had two sons. He loved them both equally. The eldest dug in and learned the family trade. The younger rebelled and convinced his dad to let him strike out on his own. The loving father gave him his inheritance and wished him well. However, the son made poor choices. He wasted his resources and became homeless and hungry. Reluctantly, he asked his dad if he could come home and work for food. Happy to see his prodigal son come home, he rejoiced, restoring his place in the business. The older brother was angry. He had made good choices trying to earn his father’s love. His dad explained that his love had “always” been there for him too. Because he repented and also “came home” to a new relationship with his father, he was a prodigal, too. Both sons had learned about the value of unconditional love. It was always there, but the brothers had taken two separate paths to discover and accept it. The important thing is that they both came home.
BELIEFS MATTER: Satan wants you to believe “lies” about your Worth.
♡ What Lies about your Worth are you tempted to believe, or have tended to believe?
CHOOSE TRUTH: Choosing to know your Creator, helps you see your true Worth and feel loved.
♡ Reviewthe “5 Actions for Growth”; select ones that help you discover your Worth, while loving others.
LINKING LOVE AND WORTH (W): Love-Links® #5 - You are made in God’s Image, & God is LOVE.
♡ Share with at least one person why “learning to Love and be loved as a choice” can help you discover real joy in your life, and experience unconditional self-Worth.
Older & Wiser -DISCOVERING TRUTH ABOUT YOUR WORTH (W): Match TRUTHS with the Source of TRUTHS about how your Worth is “validated” when choosing to, “unconditionally”, love God, yourself, and others.
- Revelations 3:19 “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.”
- 1 John 5:2“By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.”
- 1 John 3:23 “ And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.”
- 1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.”
- James 1:12 “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.”
- 1 John 4:16 “And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.”
- 2 John 1:6 “This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.”
- 1 John 4:19 “We love Him because He first loved us.”
- Mark 12:30 “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ [a]This is the first commandment.”
- 1 John 3:9 “Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God..”
MATCHES: 1 ____, 2 ____, 3 ____, 4 ____, 5 ____, 6 ____, 7 ____, 8 ____, 9 ____, 10 ____
- Your Worth to your family grows when you choose to love God
- Jesus shows your Worth to him by loving you “first”
- If you “talk” love, but do not “act” loving, it does not build Worth
- By knowing that you are loved, you experience Worth without fear
- Obeying God is a way that you can love God, affirming your Worth
- God validates your Worth by unconditionally loving you
- You are to help others know their Worth by loving them
- God’s Love is “tough”, but it helps you know your amazing Worth
- Love, if it builds your Worth and pleases God, must be unconditional
- Resisting temptation “lovingly” rewards you with a sense of Worth
Key: Worth Image 1-H; 2-A; 3-G; 4-D; 5-J; 6-F; 7-E; 8-B; 9-I; 10-C