Your Love-Link® God-Image-Element #8:
Love energizes your MOTIVATIONS (M).
♥ 8 ·Learn to be “engaged, energized, and driven” by caring.
KNOW YOUR MOTIVATION (M): Godly Motivation gives you the energy to “love and be loved”.
♡ What does Psalm 32:4 (and following) suggest about the importance of having a healthy relationship with your Creator if you want to have healthy energy for your life? “Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.”
HAVE YOU HEARD THIS STORY?
A young girl played with her dolls. She planned to start picking up her room when she started school. In grade school, she ignored her studies thinking, “When I get to middle school, I will study more.” When in high school, she was bored – nothing interested her, so she thought, “When I get to college, I will apply myself.” After a young man she was dating broke up, she asked why? He replied, “You are selfish. I’m not sure you are serious about anything in life.” Hurt and offended, she happened to spot the graduation Bible her mom had given her, and began reading it. For weeks she kept reading and became intrigued with the life stories, adventures, struggles, and promises within its pages. One day God’s spirit spoke to her about how much the Father loved her. He had a purpose for her life. She was energized to find it. Her world changed. Life was now about others as well. She discovered new motivations to study, serve others, and begin a daily relationship with her Creator. While always tempted to “put things off’, her life was changed forever. Jesus’ love, not self, was now motivating her life.
BELIEFS MATTER: Satan wants you to believe “lies” about your Motivation.
♡ What Lies about your Motivation are you tempted to believe, or have you tended to believe?
CHOOSE TRUTH: Choosing to obey God’s purpose for your life, results in energy and Motivation.
♡ Share with someone how obeying God’s “rules for life” gives you Motivation, and can help your life’s energies.
LINKING LOVE AND MOTIVATION (M): Love-Links® #8 - Love energizes your Motivations (M).
♡ Ask your family if the see you “caring and loving unconditionally”, or what they see “energizes and motivations” you. Do you see any connection?
Older & Wiser -DISCOVERING TRUTH ABOUT YOUR MOTIVATION (M): Match TRUTHS with the Sourceof TRUTHS about how loving unconditionally (caring for God, self, and others) can energize your every Motivation in life.
- 1 Corinthians 4:5 “Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the [a]counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 “Let all that you do be done with love.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:2 “by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:12 “For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.”
- 2 Corinthians 2:12 “Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ’s gospel, and a [a]door was opened to me by the Lord,”
- Ephesians 6:5 “Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ;”
- 1 Timothy 4:10 “For to this end [a]we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.”
- 1 Chronicles 28:9 ““As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.”
MATCHES: 1 _____, 2 _____, 3 _____, 4 _____, 5 _____, 6 _____, 7 _____, 8 _____
- Purely human Motivations needs spiritual guidance to be healthy
- Transparent Motives have the best outcomes
- Love should be your primary Motivation
- God sees your every Motivation; ask him to reveal them to you
- Knowing and sharing your Motives can clarify and build relationships
- God can see your “inner” Motivations that guide your choices
- You need to keep your Motivations pure in any circumstance
- Your conscience is affected by your Motivations, and needs wisdom
Key: Motivation Image 1-F; 2-C; 3-A; 4-H; 5-B; 6-G; 7-E; 8-D